Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gforge site for open source aircraft projects

Our gforge site can host in addition to software projects, also now open source aircraft projects. If you are interested in open source aircraft idea, feel free to join the forces at:

http://gforge.katix.org/gf/

I have setted up two my open source airplane projects there (they don't have much yet, but one has to start from somewhere, right?). So if you are interested in joining one of these existing projects, or you have a promising own project which you would like to share with other people, here is your chance. Register yourself and propose a project. I am the admin and approving you and your project proposals.

The motivation to join could be to get some fame. In the software field, open source developers are at the top of the ranking scale. This could be the case in the other fields too. You can make sure that you don't miss the train by joining and contributing to projects or by creating and sharing your own projects with everybody. Also here is your chance to collaborate and get results. Getting things done with large number of eyes looking after the same thing is more likely than everybody doing their things alone.

The site requires approval from site admins, so please make sure you describe your project in enough detail to get it approved. We do approve potential projects.

6 comments:

Exo Cruiser said...

Ok...

Actually I have also some design programs, but they are at so preliminary state and some in very old computers where it is a horrible work to dig them up.

But some day maybe...

Unknown said...

Feel free to register to the katix.org gforge if you like. If you get the user account now, you can access the restricted wikis etc. I will be putting information there once I get a bit further with preliminary design.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I just joined. Since a month ive been reading about airplanes. I discovered that a part of the so called advanced airplane design are based on natural forms in nature.

Second, I really want to learn about airplanes so I decided to begin making my own RC design. I joined this group to learn and to get some help...

Brien A. Seeley M.D. said...

Dear All:

I invite you to attend the 3rd Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium in San Francisco on April 24, 2009. Its outstanding program has a few remaining seats available.

Details are at:
http://cafefoundation.org/v2/pav_eas_2009.php

This is the world's premier meeting on future Green Aviation.
Brien A. Seeley M.D., President
CAFE Foundation

schnack said...

Karoliina, I just discovered your project pages. What about sharing the ideas? There's another project on open source aircraft.

http://www.jumbolino.org/